Low-Carb, Sugar-Free, Mouth-Watering
- 1 grapeseed oil cooking spray (or low fat alternative of your choice)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cup Cream Cheese, light, classic (or ricotta, drained)
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon peel, grated (optional)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with baking paper or grease with butter.
- Spray just a bit with grapeseed oil cooking spray.
- Separate eggs, and beat egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Beat together Splenda for Baking and the egg yolks until thick.
- Add lemon juice.
- Next, with the mixer on a low-medium setting, beat in the cream cheese, a little at a time, until incorporated and fluffy.
- Add a small amount of the egg whites, plus grated lemon peel if desired, and mix in gently.
- Next, gently fold the cream cheese mixture into the remaining egg whites.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Give a little shake to make it level.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200 C; reduce temperature to 150 C and bake for another 40 minutes.
- When the top of the cake is set, turn off the oven and keep the oven door closed.
- Allow to cool for another hour in the oven.
- Remove and continue to cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients (sour cream, Splenda, and vanilla).
- Spread on top of the cheesecake.
Recipe courtesy of Dlife